I was hurt at work. What should I do?

Report your injury to your supervisor and ask him or her to complete a First Report of Injury. Seek medical care for your injury as soon as possible. Your employer may ask you to see one of their doctors for an initial examination, however you have the right to see your own doctor if you choose.

Tell your doctor you were injured at work, explain your symptoms, and ask him or her to provide you with work restrictions, if appropriate. Provide a copy of your work restrictions to your employer and follow your doctor’s recommendations for treatment.

Contact us for a free consultation to learn how to protect your rights. If your injury is serious, or you anticipate being out of work for an extended period of time, contact us sooner rather than later. Don’t wait until a dispute arises.